Tax law has been a main focus at our law firm since its foundation in 1933. Our consultancy services cover in particular the areas of German tax law and international (corporate) tax law, company law, accounting law as well as the national and international law governing corporate and private succession of property.
In particular at the interface with company and trade law, we provide consultancy services with regard to all relevant tax issues. The questions that need to be answered are often very complex and are not limited to isolated areas. For instance, the potential consequences under tax law often provide orientation regarding the further approach, or even dictate the decision, for instance with regard to the implementation of a restructuring process, a corporate acquisition, an investment, or the provisions for succession.
We provide our clients with comprehensive consultancy services at the highest level of expertise, whilst taking an interdisciplinary approach. We advise them with regard to the structuring of legal relationships, compile expert opinions on tax law issues, negotiate with the tax authorities, take part in audits and final meetings and represent them in out-of-court review proceedings as well as in proceedings before the German finance courts and the ECJ.
Our clients are domestic and international corporations, medium-sized (family) companies with national and international operations and wealthy private individuals.
Our scope of consultancy services in tax law
Our scope of consultancy services comprises all issues of (corporate) tax law as well as fiscal offences, in particular
- corporate tax law, specifically group tax law and tax law for family businesses
- tax and commercial accounting law, national and international accounting
- company law/ corporate restructuring
- corporate acquisitions and sales
- international tax law
- application and interpretation of double-taxation treaties
- planning of private succession of property, including preparation of wills and gift promises
- taxation of inheritance and gifts
- value added tax law
- fiscal offences/ tax fraud investigation
- consultancy regarding self-indictments and amended returns
- representation of companies and individuals in all stages of the criminal proceedings
- tax disputes/ representation in court, i.e. representation in out-of-court review proceedings and before the finance courts and the ECJ